Friday, February 26, 2010

Health

I have missed blogging so but working two jobs is kicking my butt. Anyhoo today's topic is health, mainly my health.

So I decided since I got my promotion at work I would join the gym--my check is nice enough that I can afford at gym membership. Along with said gym membership I also got a personal trainer. I will be meeting with him twice a month and other times my uncle will be my trainer (he is a gym nut). This is a step in the right direction. Even though I am skinny I am not fit. I had my first personal training session yesterday and I was so stiff afterwards. I was happy that I wasn't sore but I still hate the stiff feeling. I am sore today but that is only because I had to feel my car up with boxes for my job. (My job is taking over my car--I couldn't see out of my windows.) My first check in with the trainer was great. I am in the Excellent category for my body fat so my goal is to be in the Superior category when it is all said and done.

I went to the doctor last week and almost everything came back great. No diseases, blood pressure and heart rate great. I asked the doctor to run a test on my Vitamin D levels b/c my mommy and granny have Vitamin D deficiencies. Well I get a phone call from the nurse and she informs me that I have too much Vitamin D in my system. Who would have thought that the girl who hates most dairy products would have too much Vitamin D. I guess it is all the riding around in my car for my job. My vitamins have a 200% supply of Vitamin D I think so I guess it is time to go back to the drawing board. I also have to go back to the doctor for a follow up procedure. Hopefully all is well and I can tell you all great news. I am not worried b/c God takes care of me no matter what--good or bad.

No comments: