Monday, February 16, 2009

On My Mind

Yeah so I didn't post anything last week. Sorry about that but last week was extremely stressful. Everyday I had something to do and had to wake up entirely too early when I went to sleep entirely too late. Anywho I will give an update about all of it.

Last week I had 5 closings which is extremely good in this economy--nice check in a few weeks for only about 7 hours of work.

Last Wednesday was the job fair. Yeah I never made it inside. I actually had an interview on Wednesday morning that I think went well. I will find out soon hopefully (but it's not a lawyer job). Anyway, after I left the interview I went to the job fair location. I was talking on the phone to my friend who I was supposed to meet there and she tells me that the line is off the chain. When she got there the line was wrapped around the building 3 times. It was a federal building also. It was crazy. We decided to strategize and drove around to figure out where we could strategize and not pay to park (she took the train there). So we decide to drive by the location so I could see the line. While driving we see a lady who actually made it into the fair. She tells us that there are only about 25-30 recruiters and only 2 were taking resumes. She then says others told her to apply for federal jobs online and none of their agencies are hiring b/c they are waiting on the stimulus package to pass. That was my cue to drive away and find us some food.

Friday I went to a career preview for a financial planning company. I just have to take a personality test. I probably should have taken it this weekend but I was so sleepy that I slept most of the weekend.

He called me on Saturday but all I could say was hello sleepily and he said I could call him later. I did but we didn't talk. So nothing else to say about him.

The crush is on ice. No developments but he did wish me luck on my interview and all that jazz.

My mommy bought me the cutest shoes for Valentine's Day. They will be part of the birthday ensemble.

As you may know I spilled water on my computer about a month ago and it appeared to have killed my wireless card. I got a long warranty and it isn't up yet so De.ll will be getting the computer and fixing it--any issues that I can come up with they will fix.

Sunday I went to the mall and found a dress and a shirt from Ex.press for less than $20. I am bringing sexy back! Pictures eventually.

Oh yeah I hate being the only technical person in my house. That means I have to figure out stuff that other people "can't". My mom's school gave them Ma.cs and she wants to use it at home. Well I only had ethernet. I had to talk to our internet provider and come up with a solution to fix the problem. The guy told me it would be best to just go to the store and get a wireless router. I go get the router and it won't install properly. I figure out how to install it without the installation disk and that is when I notice that my wireless connection doesn't work. I call my dad and ask for his help. He sends me through all this crap and I download driver after driver. Then I figure out that something is wrong with the actual card. I contact De.ll via the net and then phone. Guy tells me it can be shipped and fixed. My mom's computer won't connect to the ethernet and then it won't connect to the wireless network. I really think that is because her school only wants her to be on one network. I can't promise that but I think that is the case. She doesn't understand connecting to the net and no matter how you explain it to her she doesn't get it. I just want to grab and shake her.

I was so unproductive today.

I also need to do my interview from Mimi!

Since I will have to send the computer away I will be out of commission for a couple of days if not weeks.

I need someone to rub on me.

Some people and their emotions drive me crazy.

My friend whose wedding I will be in is going to have a hot mess of a wedding. I still have no dress or dress options. The wedding is in 7 months and there is no reception venue or decision of whether the reception will be formal or informal. She almost decided not to come home to get stuff together for the wedding. All I can say is I am going to be cute regardless. I should probably harass her again about the dresses.

No comments: