Thursday, January 21, 2010

Spa Weekend Recap

So I have been gone for awhile but it is only b/c I am working two jobs. I am actually typing this while working at job #2. I thought I would give you guys a double header today and tell you about the spa weekend and then life in general. Here is the Spa Weekend:

Spa Weekend was great! Everyone should have a weekend like that. I was the farthest away so I flew in to Virginia from Atlanta. Mama Killa picked me up from the airport. We ran some errands and caught up. We waited for everyone to show up at her place so we could head to the mountains. Everybody but one met us at Mama Killa's house. We packed the cars up and headed west. We had the wrong directions so we ended up driving up a one lane mountain road :-( We saw a Skinny San.ta and his suicidal beagle (he picked the dog up and the dog jumped into the road in front of my friend's car--tragic but she didn't hit him). We made it back down the one lane road and found another way to get to the resort. We made it to our home for the weekend right before the sun went down. Our home was a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom 3 floor townhouse. We were living in mountain luxury!

We called our weekend Spa Weekend: Chocolate Snowbun.ny Edition! Two friends and I had kitchen duties for the night. We had lasagna, salad, bread and fondue--all yummy! We talked for hours. I think I finally fell asleep around 2:30 I think.

Saturday morning we got up had breakfast prepared by 3 friends. There were pancakes, eggs and a breakfast casserole. We then got ready to go on our tubing adventure. That was the best fun ever. Who knew that going down a snowy hill in an inner tube could be fun. We did this for almost two hours. We did it alone, groups of two and groups of three. I even created a video that I have not uploaded to my computer. I will eventually upload once I upload the camera software to my computer. We left the tubing and made it back to our home and ate leftovers. We then showered and prepared for the spa.

The spa was heavenly! We got there an hour early and then we relaxed in the spa lounge. I had a splitting headache but I was ok in the spa. I had a facial with the nicest lady. She gave me the best facial ever and told me about each product and exactly what it did to my face. She was so great--she even gave me a foot massage (that came in handy). I then went back to the lounge and waited for my massage. My massage was great. He rubbed a sister just right! The only issue I had was he didn't rub my feet. I almost fell asleep on him. When it was time to leave the spa gave us gift bags. In the gift bags we had bath salts and a travel candle.

After the spa we got dressed for dinner. Dinner was ok. My food was bad to the point of most of the meat stayed on my plate. My head was hurting so bad I couldn't complain. We talked and laughed and just asked random questions. After dinner we went back to the house. It was more laughing and talking but this time everybody went to sleep early. I was the second to go to bed. The headache wasn't leaving until I got sleep.

The next morning we said goodbye. We had a breakfast of muffins and another breakfast casserole. This casserole was placed in the muffin cups. It was pretty good. All the food prepared at the house was good.

We drove back down the mountain and eventually split up. I rode back to Mama Killa's house and we ate lunch and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up just in time to be early to the airport. This was definitely one of my better vacations. I really had fun seeing my college friends. I hadn't seen most of them since the reunion in January 2008. I am definitely ready for the next one.

Coco, Esq.

No comments: