Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Friends

So lately I have been thinking a lot about the people I call friends and I am beginning to think I should stop using that word to describe some people. Lately I have noticed that a couple of my "friends" are nowhere to be found when I really need them. It is amazing how I will do things I have no business doing for these people.
Friendship or the lack thereof has taught me no matter how desperately your friends need money don't give it to them. They don't respect you enough to pay you back. The beauty of that particular situation is I have no job and the friend is supposedly paid. Either it is a lie or you just don't respect me or my situation enough. I was there for you when you were crying and going on but now that I need to pay a bill that stems from you, you can't return my phone call or text message. This particular friend I am learning to love from afar. Sorry to put you on blast but you won't return my phone calls, text messages or emails. That is what happens.
I have another friend who wants me to be there to do whatever she wants and when I ask for something simple she is nowhere to be found. I do mean simple--like going out for lunch just to hang out. This person is never busy when they want to do something but when I want to do something excuse after excuse--we all know what excuses are. This is another friend who is going to have to be loved from afar.
I don't like to complain about friends but this stuff needed to be on front street. These people make me appreciate the people who make time for me as I do for them. So I want to thank you for silver lining to your cloud.

1 comment:

HUQueen said...

girl...you know I feel you. There is no worse feeling than the feeling that you have been taken for a ride...they say one is born every miute, I just hope I am not one. You did what you did out of love and will get it back, whether it is from the person who owes you or not. Some very good sistafriends told me that yesterday...love you.