Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

I had to blog today. My President is Barack H. Obama! He looks like me and he understands some of my struggles that no other President before him has. I shed tears of joy today. The emotions cannot be put into words. I know the only thing that would have made this better was to be there in the midst. Today will forever be in my memory.

That ceremony was truly empowering. I respect all who spoke including Ri.ck War.ren. Josep.h Low.ry did it in his benediction. Forty years ago he wouldn't have been able to do that and he didn't wouldn't have been speaking at an African-American President's Inauguration. That right there made me feel so good. He is a bridge to this country's past and I am thankful for him and all who marched with him.

I am so excited that I got to see the Hampton University Marching Force in the parade. I was so proud of my alma mater! They had the First Lady getting her dance on. I get to call her my First Lady. She looks like me. That is a great feeling that many thought I would never get to feel.

I just thank the Lord that I get to see such things! I am smiling and I will not allow anyone to steal that joy!

I refuse to allow the negativity of others to take this moment of history away from me but I will say that I am a little hot that the local Fox station showed no coverage of this occasion. The only thing that doesn't make truly upset about that is that they rarely show press conferences that W had. I guess they are equal opportunity on ignoring Presidents.

No comments: