Monday, May 11, 2009

The Reception (From Hell)

So I knew I would have stories to tell and I do!

So I should have known it was going to be a mess. I called the bride to get directions and let's just say hers were terrible. I drove at least 15 miles out of the way. I called her and told her that I was going home because she gave awful directions. (Gas is not cheap and it was hot as hell on Saturday. I had been driving for over an hour for a 30 minute at the most trip.) She made it seem like I would see the place from the road--not at all! I had to turn off the road and drive about 1/2 a mile.

I reach the location and try to remove the look of shock from my face. The reception was at a meeting place that just happened to be a double wide trailer connected to a small building. Hot mess!

So everyone is sitting around doing nothing--she wanted us to be there 2 1/2 hours early so we could help set up and eat before the guests arrive. Well they set up before we got there. The caterer didn't get there until after we did and she left something at home so she didn't start setting up until about 4:30 or 5:00. The cocktail hour was supposed to start at 5:00.

This is where it gets really special. When I spoke to the bride on Thursday she informed that she didn't want to pay the caterer for wait staff so the hostesses would be serving. You know your girl was like whatever but in my head I made up my mind that I wasn't serving. So by the time 6:30 rolled around it was time to eat. Mind you the caterer was still setting up the food. I politely waited for all the other hostesses to position themselves so I could make sure I was just standing there looking cute and I did!

Eventually everyone got their food and then I could eat. I did end up pouring the punch which messed with my eating.

Later on I played bartender. That was fun but it didn't last long for me because it was so hot in there.

I saw so many different outfits. They ranged from cute to hot mess. The worst one was the girl who had to be about 200 pounds and had on a dress so short in the front that I could see her panties. Just hot mess!

Please if you want to have a reception please make sure you can afford everything that comes along with it. You know wait staff and photographer. Yeah I played amateur photographer too.

That is all I have for now!

Smooches,
Coco

2 comments:

Sha Boogie said...

that is a hot mess, lol!

MHJ said...

Oh my gosh that is sooooo cheap. If you can't afford it, don't do it. Or at least get people to volunteer who can do ONE thing, not everything LOL

You are better than me, cause I would have gone home! LOL