Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tell 'Em How You Feel Thursday

Hi all!

It has been one of those weeks--I have felt truly anti-social. I have talked to maybe three friends this week. I love those girls--they brighten up my day!

My new favorite blog is www.browngirlgumbo.com . Not just because I won a contest but because BGG shows all the cutest and latest in fashion and beauty care. Earlier this week I won a bottle of Bio-O.il. So excited!

I am going to cut Bride.zilla. After I find a dress that is not cheap I am throwing my hands up. All I have to say is if you get married please pick out your bridesmaids dresses (I know anyone else would do this but I just wanted to share that with the world).

One of my linesisters got engaged this week. The engagement story was pretty cute. Her mom said she was coming to visit in the middle of the week with her grandmother. She didn't really want to be bothered but she was like cool I guess I will go. Her mother then says she is running behind schedule and asked her to get a table at the restaurant. She gets to the restaurant and gets a table for three. She sits down and then three men come up to the table--the host, the busboy and her boo. Busboy removes the third place setting and the boo is seated. He gives her a piece of paper to read out loud. It is an email she sent to him about why she wanted to marry him b/c he had asked her that question two days before. She answered but he really wasn't satisfied with the answer. She decided she would email him. When she got to the end she realized that he was about to propose. He proposed and she said yes! Isn't that beautiful?

I am saying this now--if you don't want me to voice me opinion then don't speak about the issue in my presence or at least tell me you don't want my opinion. I am and always have been one to speak my mind. I don't think that is going to stop the older I get--more than likely it is going to get worse.

I have good news in the works and will share with you in a few days or weeks when I get the final say so.

Also I think I made a mistake when I went to law school. I am so not happy with the profession which is probably why I haven't been too pressed to find a permanent job. I should have let law school when I had the opportunity. I didn't want to be a quitter because that would have honestly been the first thing I ever quit. I think I want to go back to school so I am going to take the next six months to research the decision. If I decide that I want to go back to school I can apply in January and start in Fall 2010. I still want to practice law just so I will not have wasted my degree but my heart isn't in it.

I saw the ex boo this past weekend. I blame the crush for that one since he was out of town. It was interesting to say the least. Still no resolution but oh well.

I am in desperate need of a new salon. My hair was a bush for two weeks. I let my stylist do my hair this week b/c I needed a relaxer. So we had been discussing why my hair was frizzy. This nut told me that it was frizzy b/c I take showers and the steam does that. That may have been ok if I didn't keep my hair wrapped until after I put my clothes on. My friend who is a teacher had a better explanation. So sad.

I need a vacation! I want to go somewhere that I only know one or two people so I can spend quality time with one or two people and not feel guilty about not seeing other people. MJ can I come visit you? I also want to go visit Chicago. I think I will do that before the end of the year. One of my close friends wants to go so I figure we can make it a mini vacation.

I don't have anymore for you today

Smooches,
Coco

2 comments:

Jameil said...

don't practice law just to not feel like you wasted your degree. you'll find a way not to have wasted it and still feel fulfilled. don't spread misery for yourself.

ShellyShell said...

Having a JD opens up so many doors. I work in Finance(that's a very broad spectrum)and a lot of my group has their jd's but just went to the business side! They like it soooo much better than just practicing law! You have several options so look closely! :)

Why isn't the bride picking out the dresses?