Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend in the A

So last weekend I went to Atlanta and had a ball. Unfortunately there are no pictures--I have a good reason this time: the battery in my camera died. :( I got to hang with some of my favorite people and meet some new people (at least meet them face to face).

Saturday I was up bright and early so I could finish up some business from Friday. I got dressed and finished my business. I drove to Atlanta to meet up with those wonderful bloggers of the A at Atlanta Bead. It was great. If you want to see pictures visit www.babsinblogland.wordpress.com We met up and made some jewelry. I just want everyone to know that Babs is just as funny in real life as she is on her blog. I got to meet KKAve, Keyalus and Mimi. I actually remember playing MarioKart with Mimi at the Nintendo DSLite party but it was good to hang out with her again. I made a necklace and some matching earrings--you know me I have to be a little extra. Babs, Mimi and KKAve made necklaces and Keyalus made a bracelet. My necklace and earrings were pretty cute if I say so myself. It has black stars and black and clear beads. We all brought snacks to share and I bought Babs some birthday cupcakes since I wasn't able to celebrate her birthday last month.

Also I felt the wrath of Babs when I offered to hook up Keyalus but didn't do the same for Babs. I will say in my defense that Keyalus had just brought up the subject of the hookup so I offered it to her. Needless to say the next time I get the hookup I will be emailing Keyalus, Babs and Mimi. Ladies you now have it in writing.

After leaving the arts and crafts I went to visit my first law school classmate. We went out to late lunch/early dinner. The company was great but the food was terrible. I ordered steak medium well and it was well done almost burnt. The rice was overcooked. Something was wrong with our waiter. I think he had an anxiety disorder. We went back to her house and hung out. I got to go shopping in her closet and got new shoes. Can I say they are the hotness? Pictures will soon follow.

My friend from college was in town so I picked her up around 9:00 and we went to Cafe Circa (a restaurant owned by Hampton University alums). The atmosphere was nice and the hostess was great. The dessert was ok but definitely not rave worthy like the waitress made it out to be. We talked and talked and talked some more. We discussed more lies that my ex best friend told and it is amazing how she told the same lies to people with variations. She got really lucky that the people she lied to don't talk to each other as often as we would like to. Another Hampton alum met us there and we tried to take a picture together but this is when I realized that the camera was dead. We left the restaurant to meet up with my friend's linesisters. We went to Barley's. There was live music--it was wonderful. The police officer outside was hilarious. He said he wanted to sit there and watch them count his vote. I dropped my friend off around 2:00 in the morning. I then headed to "The Man". That is what my friend calls him. I had a little adult fun and went to sleep some time after 4:00 a.m.

Sunday was a miserable day for me. I woke up with a sinus headache which was partially my fault--I took some allergy medicine that dried me out. I had congestion. All I did was sleep on his couch on Sunday. I eventually drove home. That was the worst drive of my life. I got home around 9:00 and went to sleep.

My weekend in the A started off great but ended badly.

1 comment:

KKAve said...

It was nice to meet you too, Coco!