Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Weekend

Hey I know it is not over but I thought I would tell you how it has gone thus far.

Friday I took my car to the Honda place just to get an inspection. I expected there to be some issues b/c I don't take the best care of my car and I can't afford most things that need to be done. Well when the inspection was done the man came back to me and basically told me that everything was wrong with my car and all the little things added up to about $1400. Yeah, sucks to be my car and me. I will slowly get everything fixed this summer.

I made my way to Atlanta on Friday night and just hung out. I came up b/c Saturday morning I had a bridal shower planning meeting. Saturday I got up and talked to my friend who lives in the DMV area. She got a job (this economy is no joke--she graduated from grad school a day before I did)! We caught up even though we had just seen each other on Sunday. After that I got dressed and made my way to midtown. We met at J. Christoper's. If you are ever in Atlanta and want to do a cute breakfast, brunch or lunch, this is the place for you. It was really cute but I could have done without the gay waiter. I wanted to slap him for the expressions he was giving us as he kept harassing us about ordering. One person was missing and we were being polite by waiting--move b*tch! Yes I took it there b/c he was getting on my nerves. I wish I could tell you all about the wonderful ideas that we came up with but the bride is one of my readers. Hey LCN! I will be sure to give you all the details and take pictures of the decorations so you can know my fabulosity!

After all that I went back to my resting place. I took a nap and then I eventually found a little snack that I later realized was my dinner. We decided to go see Sex and the City. I enjoyed the movie but I had some issues. The movie was just too long. I think I saw a grown man at the movie was his mother. I don't know how I feel about that. Maybe had it been another movie I would have been ok. I won't say anything about the movie. I will say that my movie theater experience was not great at all. I went to the black community movie theater and my last experience there was interesting to say the least--Don't know what I expected to be different. Anyway during the last scenes of the movie the theater was playing the little advertisements that come on before the movie. So there was a Coke commercial playing beneath the movie and then next thing you know you see two realtors pictures on the screen. I got a free movie pass off of that but do I really want to go back to the theater.

After the movie we went to this black owned sports bar. The wait wasn't long even though it was packed (I think everybody was at the bar). I think God is testing me with gay waiters b/c our waiter was gay. He got a little too comfortable. His first question was are you guys ordering alcohol and if we were he wanted to know b/c he didn't feel like making two trips. So he left to get something and came back and plopped down next to me. I mean there was no personal space b/t the two of us--he was in my bubble. He took my order second out of four people. He took my close friend's order third. Ok so my friend never got her drink and I never got my food. In the midst of all this I was informed that I was Miranda. I personally don't think I am Miranda but then again I am one of the few people who never watched the tv show. From what I saw of Miranda in the movie I would not have handled the situation quite like she did. We got back to the house around 2:30 and I don't think I fell asleep until after 3:00. Needless to say there was no 8:00 church service--sorry LCN! I would have sent you a text message but I didn't know if your cell phone was on and if it was I didn't want to wake you up at 3:00 a.m. I am going to do better next time.

I don't think today will be all that exciting which is why I blogged about my weekend today.

DollFace--call me back. I am so sorry I missed your call the other day and I want to hear the story you have for me.

3 comments:

p_nami said...

I guess you're Miranda because she's the attorney? How would you have handled the situation?

Anonymous said...

Hi girlie!! I decided to check your blog to be sure you were ok!! It's all good about church. I'm glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait for the shower :) You girls are awesome!!!

Jameil said...

cars are horrid w/their money-sucking ability. i SO need to hit up that brekky spot! SATC def. had issues but i liked it. i think you have to be a fan of the show to really like it.