Thursday, January 3, 2008

Obama

Barack Obama took Iowa! I appreciate the opportunity to see history being made. Anybody who reads this blog needs to register to vote if you haven't already and then go out to vote in your primary. I know one thing I will be doing February 5--going to the poles and casting a ballot in the primary. Won't tell you who I am voting for but know that I will be casting a ballot in the Democratic primary. The November election will be historic no matter who wins the primaries b/c there will be a woman or a black man on the ballot--maybe even both. I thank all the people who suffered in the past to ensure that I could go to the voting booth and pull a lever or hit a button on a screen. Your struggle was not in vain.

2 comments:

Adei von K said...

i love it too!! i kinda wish i was back in tallahassee when i was a foot soldier for the dem party... canvassing allllll weekend :-)

Jameil said...

me too!! i'm super excited.