Friday, September 21, 2007

Why oh why?

Why is September 27th, Marry Your Baby Daddy Day? The concept is great but do we have to use the term Baby Daddy?
This all started in 2005 when a woman decided that she was tired of seeing people with children unmarried. She got together with wedding vendors and got them to cover all costs of a mass wedding for 10 couples.

The Jena 6 disturbs me on so many different levels. I don't think the District Attorney should have held a press conference to talk about the issue. If he felt the need to hold a press conference he should have been prepared for some of the obvious questions.
I hate to be that black person but today I am going to be. I don't think the boys should be facing the charges they are facing but maybe on a certain level they should be facing some charges. The boy got his ass handed to him by a group of people (not saying it was 6 b/c one of the 6 denies even being a part of the fight). I don't think a suspension would have done the job but aggravated battery is way too much. I understand that Michael Bell had a record but at the time he was just 16 and that is an adult crime. I think the biggest issue is the justice system and how they pick and choose who to prosecute. It should be fair and just for everyone.

No comments: