Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Day After the Day

My Thanksgiving was great! I missed my mommy but I still enjoyed myself. I got to bond with dad's girlfriend's daughter. Her in-laws are a special set! They were almost just damn rude but didn't quite cross the line. The grandmother has trouble walking so she had to be helped into the house. Well the men in my family and her grandson helped her in. Mother-in-law tried to get crunk with someone b/c grandmother wouldn't let go of his hand when she made it into the house. He couldn't make her let go and not appear rude so he held on. So then she fussed at grandmother. I just politely sat down and moved on. Sister-in-law comes in with a look on her face that I really can't describe (I really wanted to say, "Ho fix your face!"). So I was introduced to everyone and had a smile on my face that I flashed to everyone. Well sister-in-law took that smile off my face! She just sat in a chair and started reading a paper or something like she was a school teacher.

I later found out that she is going through a divorce and a illness but at least return a smile or get some therapy (black people do get therapy). So the in-laws live about 20 minutes from my stepsister and they have never been to her house to visit their grandson (he is almost 3 years old).

So this Thanksgiving I figured out that I actually like my dad's girlfriend and her daughter. The issues that I had with them was really caused by daddy dearest. I figure he likes drama and he feeds my dislike. I keep forgetting that he is a habitual liar.

Anyway the day after Thanksgiving I came home. Friday was tiring which is why I didn't post yesterday. I had to come home from Roswell and drive my mother to her part-time job. She fails to realize that this situation is only convenient for her. I was tired and had a headache. I didn't get home until after she was supposed to be at work. She even fussed at me for not putting gas in her car. I still don't understand how I was supposed to do that since I was rushing home to pick her up. I eventually made it home and ate. Then I took a nap. After my nap I took my cousin to the movies. I love her--she was my worst enemy when I was younger. She is so much like me that it is crazy. She even makes the same faces I make when I am irritated. She is a social butterfly.

This Christmass was a good movie and I just want to say there was no bad acting. I think there was no bad acting b/c there were so many family members' stories to go through so they weren't on the screen for long periods of time. I will say that I was too fond of Laz Alonzo-he just didn't fit to me. Go check it out.

I hope you got to enjoy your families at this special time!

No comments: