Monday, October 1, 2007

Confessions

So I have been doing some thinking and I figure if the whole blogging thing is going to work I have to make some confessions. It is not really a confession b/c some people know and some don't.

My first year of law school was terrible. I wasn't ready for law school. I needed to take a break from anything school related. Looking back on that time I realized that I had been in school for forever. My mother pushed and I didn't try to stop her. When I was a senior in high school my mother made me go to college. I didn't really want to do it but she said I had to so I did it. I was always in school and it was frustrating. I wasn't getting enough rest and eventually it took its toll. I got physically sick and never wanted to feel that way again. Anyway the point of this paragraph is to let the world know that I messed up really bad my first year and had to repeat first year of law school. Anyone who has been to law school knows that this is a nightmare. I almost didn't do it b/c I knew that there were other career fields that would make me just as happy. The only thing that got me through this tough time was a therapist. My university had a counseling program and it was great. I did individual therapy and group therapy. My individual therapist helped me rebuild my confidence. He talked to me and most of all he listened. I was able to tell him any and everything. He listened to me talk about my daddy issues and my men issues. He eventually moved on to another school and to this day I miss him. He was that person who didn't pass judgment and made me feel good. He didn't condone all my actions but he didn't make me feel like I was going to hell for doing something I had no business doing.

I am ready to find a job so I can go find a new therapist. When I had an individual therapist I was so much happier. I am not saying that I am unhappy now but I remember knowing that I could walk into someone's office and just let it all out. There is only so much I can tell my friends. Sometimes I don't even understand what I am feeling and a therapist is a trained professional and knows how to get it out.

No comments: